Three videos the first is on the video tab, but also check out:
Rivercamp Duck Dance Mix
Rivercamp The Land
Waterfowl in front of the blinds 18-19 Season
“Rivercamp…it’s all there!”
With duck hunting seeming to be less and less productive in so many regions of the country, the word is getting out about the incredible sporting opportunities of the North Platte River in Western, Nebraska. Because it is here that thousands upon thousands of mallard ducks and Canada geese consistently build numbers in the fall, and stay throughout the winter… often as late as early March before returning northward… been doing it for eons! So, while blogs are posted from respected hunters, Mississippi Flyway to Pacific, writing that the 2018/2019 waterfowl season might be the worst of their 50-some-year-lifetime, those hunters who own “honey holes” along this Central Flyway Corridor, were shooting limits of Mallards and Canadas this year, last year, and the year before that! As well, due to the Outdoor Channel, YouTube, and the fact that hunters love to post their proud faces on Facebook while holding up antlers of a giant buck, or the fanned tail of a bagged longbeard, it’s hard to keep a secret about the Boone & Crocket racks of this river’s Trophy Whitetail deer, or the massive populations of its under-pressured Merriam’s and Rio Grande turkeys! “World-class” could easily be used to describe the sport hunting and outdoor experiences provided by any of these game species individually. But to realize that all 4 can in certain cases be found on a parcel of hunting land no larger than 370 acres, it is hard to argue the moniker when considering them in combination… probably impossible in fact! This phenomenon is truly unique! Such diverse hunting opportunities on a single piece of private land less than a section in size… each of which to such a strong degree? Where in this country could you possibly find such a concentrated mixed bag, so prolific, and of that quality? To avoid confusion – it is the North Platte River stretch between the west end of the 26-mile-long Lake McConaughy, to a bit beyond the western state line, that a valley exists dotted with some absolutely spectacular hunting properties, the best of which seldom changing hands… if at all… especially if they have been successfully developed, built proven track records, and are loved by those who hunt them… (particularly then)! However, here is that once-in-awhile anomaly – a jewel now for sale – Rivercamp… a North Platte River hunting property, strategically improved over the last 10 years. It is turnkey, private, and by viewing a website, 3 videos, and downloading a brochure; extensively described! “Rivercamp”… It’s all there!
Rivercamp is a North Platte River property located half way Between Bridgeport and Broadwater in Morrill County, Nebraska. It consists of the following:
the Land includes:
- 370 acres of prime habitat, various land features, agricultural food crops, and private hunting facility.
- Over 1 mile of the North Platte River… BOTH SIDES!! – Meaning zero competition or interference from neighboring hunters on the opposite side, as well as the ability to maintain a game sanctuary and a roost!
- 286 acres managed specifically (or left alone) for wildlife: Includes riparian woods, brush, and bottomland… deadly attractive wetlands… and various uplands, grasses, and other dense cover.
- 96 acres of water rights – surface irrigated.
- A recently reestablished, (new and/or repaired) infrastructure that now delivers necessary water from the distant Brown Creek, ensuring both crop production (food for game) as well as the maintenance of increasingly valuable water rights.
- 74 acres currently in agricultural production: 44 in irrigated corn, 14 in irrigated alfalfa, and 20 acres of sub-irrigated hay.
- A side-role irrigation system watering the alfalfa.
- One purposefully designed, restored, and enhanced backwater slough that hosts two hunting sites – It is a shallow water meandering wetland a that slowly flows as a tributary to the river.
- One well designed serpentine shallow-water wetland pond.
- One small pond once used as a fishing hole (could be refurbished and stocked).
- 3 finely-tuned waterfowl hunting sites, 2 on the slough, one on the wetland pond.
- 3 custom-designed and “built-like-a-tank” steel pit blinds, properly installed, heated, concealed, and proven effective!
- A successfully designed, tweaked, lived with, and adjusted system that now provides open water in front of all 3 blinds throughout the frozen winter!
- An aboveground traditional-type waterfowl blind placed on a platform mounted on steel I-beam pilons, safe from most flooding and allows hunting on a portion of the river itself.
- A massive roost of ducks and geese that has been built up and established through elective disciplines over a 10-year period… now promoted, protected, and solid!
- 2 Developed food plots that are secluded, irrigated by automation, and attractive to abundant deer and turkeys.
- A 600 lbs. Boss Buck feeder operating by choice of using gravity heads or the auto-timed spreader.
- 3 Maverick brand tower-type, shooting-house, deer blinds – each heated, placed high above optimum kill sites and have become part of the landscape… (ignored by deer)!
- 4 Big Game brand “Apex” 360 degree rotating tripod deer stands set in various places on the property.
- 5 Big Game brand ladder stands mounted in areas of high activity as well as 1 hang-on stand.
the House & Outbuilding
One of Rivercamp’s many assets is its very clean and upkept house. A perfect getaway cabin or hunting lodge, it is made from a mobile home to start, but not to be thrown off… it is notably a product of some nice additions.
Additions (conventional construction)
- A very attractive Great Room, that features a wood-burning fireplace (slate faced, large timber hearth, and heavy steel doors), a small bar, various mounts of birds and game heads, and is adorned with tasteful furnishings and lighting. With a vaulted ceiling, it is large and open in feeling with big picture windows facing the river and glass sliding doors to the west that together provide wonderful views of deer and turkeys under the feeder, ducks bombing into the slough sites, thousands of geese descending upon the cornfield, or a mass of waterfowl returning to the roost in the evenings.
- A large raised patio deck wraps around the Great Room. A place to stack firewood and keep the grill for outdoor cooking, it faces both the river and to the west, further offering views of wildlife along with outdoor lounging, a possibility of a cigar, and stories of the hunt to be told.
- A mudroom with a sink, wader/coat hangers for wet gear, a secondary refrigerator, and a large chest freezer.
- An entryway with a wooden bench and local artifacts hanging as decor.
- Raised landings at both the end of the entryway and the mudroom.
- A Kitchen fully equipped with stove, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, a butcher block island, cookware, knives, utensils, flatware, and glasses that range from drinking-type to “highball” that are classically displaying gamebirds and retrievers.
- A Dining Area with table and chairs.
- A well-though out garage with wide shelving that is capable of neatly storing dozens of decoys, plenty of hunting equipment, various tools, ladders, mowers, ATVs, etc.
(Other items that come with the property)
- A Craftsman ride-on Tractor Mower.
- Both new and previously used deer stands – ladder-type, hang-ons, and tripods.
Address: Broadwater, NE 69125