Beds: 2Bath: 1Sq. Ft.: 816
This fantastic turnkey cattle, equine, and wildlife property with a gorgeous fully renovated home truly has it all! The entire property is optimized for value, functionality, and beauty. This property was developed by someone who clearly knows how to get the full value of every square foot of ground. All of the grazing ground has been cross-fenced into 8 grazing pastures and paddocks. The fencing is in good shape. Thoughtful placement of gates allow the operator to rotate the cattle and/or horses easily from one pasture to the next. Underground water lines ensure that each pasture is well-watered, with shut offs for each tank location or frost free waterers. The clever layout of this operation supports 150 cow/calf pairs, and it can winter 300 steers. By careful rotation of pasture, the current owners summered 35 replacement heifers from May through September with no supplementary feed.
The corrals and working facility feature all pipe fencing. The barn has a concrete aisle, a tack room, a feed room, and two smaller rooms that were once used for housing goats. The property includes 65 acres of alfalfa, which produced 170 tons in 2016 off three cuttings.
The is a wooded grove in the middle of the property that shelters an enormous turkey population. The cover, pastures, and especially the alfalfa field attract Whitetails and Mule Deer alike, and a large herd reside on the property. Both deer and turkey often graze in the yard, sometimes even venturing up to look in the windows. The current owners do not currently own a dog, so the animals are comfortable hanging around the house and yard, providing just one more element of enjoyment for this property. The hills in the southern pasture are deceptively high, providing a view across the entire Platte River Valley to the Sandhills and beyond.
The real jewel of the property is the magnificent home. The current owners did wonderful updates in every room. The bathrooms are completely new, with granite countertops and beautifully tiled showers with glass wall doors. Thoughtful touches of glass tiling and reclaimed barn wood give the home a casual but classy western feel. The master bedroom is large with both a standard closet and an additional walk-in closet. A third bedroom has been converted to an office with a reclaimed wood wall and shelving. The kitchen has been updated with granite countertops and all new, high end appliances. A former closet was converted to a coffee and beverage station. The formal living room features a new wood burning fireplace with a blower, and the family room has a beautiful wood burning soapstone stove that just radiates warmth.
The numerous updates are itemized below
• Automatic underground sprinkler system for yard
• Manual irrigation system for entry way and drive landscaping
• New well system, 2 years old
• Jorgensen Lawn Service every quarter for fertilizing, weed control, paid for 2017
• Automatic timer on landscape lighting on south side of yard
• Solar landscape lighting in entry and drive landscaping
• Flag pole
• Garden tool shed
• Tool workshop
• Dog Kennel with cedar dog house
• 3 car garage with shelving and automatic garage door openers
• New propane gas hot water heater, 2 years old
• New propane furnace, 2 years old (1 of 2)
• Dishwasher, 3 years old
• All window blinds (wood) to stay
• 2 wood burning stoves/fireplaces, one in formal living has a blower
• Complete bathroom remodel done in 2015/2016 including all new plumbing and fixtures
• All new lighting fixtures and ceiling fans, switch plates and outlets
• Hardwood floor in office/bedroom
• Home remodeled in 2015/2016
• Quarterly pest control for house
• New back door and storm door
• Garbage disposal
• Gas cook top
• Double Jen Aire ovens, electric
• Coffee Bar
• 160 acres of USABLE, well fenced and cross fenced property. Includes 65 acres of Alfalfa. Produced approximately 170 tons in 2016 off 3 cuttings.
• Corrals and working facility all pipe with a 3 stall horse barn with concrete aisle, tack room, feed room and 2 smaller rooms that were used for housing.
• Owners have calved 150 cows on property and wintered 300 steers. Through pasture rotations, we summered 35 replacement heifers from May through September with no supplemental feed
• Facility is well watered with pipeline water and shut offs for each including 2 back pastures with water tanks.
• Large Turkey population as well as a herd of deer that reside on property.
All personal property used for the operation of this property can be bought separately.
• John Deere 4050 Tractor 2/3100 Dual Loader
• 3 Point Bale Mover
• Hay Feeders
• Pearson manual hydraulic squeeze chute
• Versa Tote Grain Cart
• Hay Forks
• Small Flatbed Trailer for 4 wheeler
• Feed Bunks
• Farmall B Tractor
• 5 ft. woods mower
• Polaris 4 wheeler
• Water Tanks
• 3 ton Bulk Bin for Grain
• Featherlite triple axle stock trailer
• John Deere Manure Spreader
• ATV Sprayer
• Hay Hauler
• Loading Chute
Legal Description: See Exhibit A
Hershey Equine, Cattle and Wildlife Ranch - 23546 W Antelope Rd, Hershey, NE 69143, USA
Hershey Equine, Cattle and Wildlife Ranch- 23546 W Antelope Rd, Hershey, NE 69143, USA